💰 What price usually have a rental house near Donostia / San Sebastián?
These are the average prices per person and day for a rental house near Donostia / San Sebastián:
- Rental houses in the town: 44 €
- Rental houses in the zone: 38 €
- Accommodations in the town: 44 €
- Accommodations in the zone: 38 €
San Sebastián (Spanish: [san seβasˈtjan]) or Donostia (Basque: [doˈnos̺tia], French: Saint-Sébastien) is a coastal city and municipality located in the Basque Autonomous Community, Spain. It lies on the coast of the Bay of Biscay, from the French border. The capital city of Gipuzkoa, the municipality's population is 186,095 as of 2015, with its metropolitan area reaching 436,500 in 2010. Locals call themselves donostiarra (singular), both in Spanish and Basque.
The main economic activities are commerce and tourism, and it is one of the most famous tourist destinations in Spain. Despite the city's small size, events such as the San Sebastián International Film Festival have given it an international dimension. San Sebastián, along with Wrocław, Poland, was the European Capital of Culture in 2016.
In spite of appearances, both the Basque form Donostia and the Spanish form San Sebastián have the same meaning of Saint Sebastian. The dona/done/doni element in Basque place-names signifies "saint" and is derived from Latin domine; the second part of Donostia contains a shortened form of the saint's name. There are two hypotheses regarding the evolution of the Basque name: one says it was *Done Sebastiáne > Donasa(b)astiai > Donasastia > Donastia > Donostia, the other one says it was *Done Sebastiane > *Done Sebastiae > *Done Sebastie > *Donesebastia > *Donasastia > *Donastia > Donostia.
The city is located in the north of the Basque Autonomous Community, on the southern coast of the Bay of Biscay. San Sebastián's three beaches, Concha, Ondarreta, and Zurriola, make it a popular resort. The town is surrounded by easily accessible hilly areas: Urgull (adjacent to the old part of the city), Mount Ulia (extending east to Pasaia), Mount Adarra (south of the city) and Igeldo (overlooking Concha Bay from the west).
The city sits at the mouth of the River Urumea, Donostia was built to a large extent on the river's wetlands over the last two centuries. In fact, the c…
- Puerto y Parte Vieja, Donostia / San Sebastián: The Old Town is the main area of tapas bars and restaurants in San Sebastián. At night it becomes the indispensable place to have a drink.
- Puerto, Donostia / San Sebastián: The city of San Sebastián is internationally known for its beauty and its many charms. In summer as a holiday destination with its beaches and mountains. Also its Film Festival that will turn the city into September in the center of international cinema. In winter with its many events such as partie…
- Centro de Congresos Kursall, Donostia / San Sebastián: Center where the main congresses of San Sebastian are held as well as numerous cultural activities such as the Jazz Festival, the Film Festival, Concerts, Opera ...
- Hipódromo. Sidrerias., Donostia / San Sebastián: Place for rest, taste a good chuleton and a delicious natural cider.