💰 What price does a restaurant near Seseña usually have?
These are the average prices per person and day for a restaurant near Seseña:
- Restaurants in the town: 9 €
- Restaurants in the zone: 14 €
Seseña is a municipality located 35 km south of Madrid in the La Sagra comarca, province of Toledo, Castile-La Mancha, Spain. According to the 2009 census (INE), the municipality had a population of 16,231.
Although in a historically sparsely populated area, Seseña has gained some infamy as a result of controversial new speculative development projects in Vallegrande and El Quiñón during the Spanish property bubble. The municipality is nowadays composed of four sectors that are far away from each other and have no footpath connecting them, as is usual in Spanish towns.
The Battle of Seseña was an ill-fated Republican assault on the Nationalist stronghold of Seseña in October 1936 during the Spanish Civil War. The battle is notable for being the first time that tank warfare was seen in the Spanish war and for the use of Molotov cocktails against loyalist Soviet T-26 tanks by Francoist rebel troops.
The Residencial Francisco Hernando development was built in the El Quiñón area of Seseña by property developer Onde 2000 during the construction boom of the 2000s (decade) due to the municipality's location within commuting distance of Madrid. It was to be one of the largest such developments in Spain, with an original plan of 13,500 units costing over 9 billion euros to build. However, the massive project raised eyebrows, since utilities such as water and gas lines were not included in the plans (ending up the completed units lacked these fundamentals which rendered them essentially uninhabitable), and also as the project had been approved unusually quickly. It turned out that the authorities had been bribed, and the former local Mayor José Luis Martín was soon arrested, but never brought to trial.
Following scandal and the economic crisis related to the Spanish property bubble, the developer ran into trouble sustaining demand and financing for the project. By mid-2008 fewer than 3000 of the completed apartments had been sold and fewer than a thi…
- Palacio y Sus Jardines, Seseña: Aranjuez and its palace, little house of the prince and its gardens are worthy of special attention.
- Palacio Real, Jardines del Principe, Casita del Labrador, Jardín de la ISLA..., Aranjuez: Only 35 min. From home. A very complete day trip. The green city of Aranjuez, watered by the Tagus, exhibits its monumental legacy, in the middle of a very natural landscape.
- Comarca de la Sagra, Cubas de la Sagra: La Sagra is a historic Castilian region that has beautiful natural landscapes, among which we can find the farm of Campo el Cortijo, located next to small oak and pine groves, adjacent to the La Peñuela Stream and the Prado Stream. In the surroundings it is possible to visit localities belonging to…
- Castillo de Oreja, Ontígola: The Muslims owned a castle in the time of Alfonso VI of Castile in the ancient Roman site of Aurelia (antecedent of the name of Oreja) being acquired by said king as dowry of his wife Zaida. After the defeat in the battle of Uclés, in the year 1108, he lost the castle and was a constant threat to th…